Your wedding day will without a doubt be one of the happiest days of your life.
Declaring your commitment to the one that you love, whether alone or surrounded by family and friends, they are moments that you will want immortalized forever. You will look back on those images for years to come as they remind you of the blissful elation, deep love and absolute joy that you felt on that day, even after your memories fade.
When it comes to choosing the right photographer it is absolutely crucial to select someone who you feel can capture those magical moments from your special day. With the latest technology almost anyone can take a decent picture, but this is your wedding day and you deserve to have stunning images that take your breath away.
Far too many people look back on their wedding photographs with regret. Perhaps in an effort to save money they have opted for a low budget photographer, who has produced devastatingly low quality images. Poor lighting, unflattering angles, missed crucial moments. Any of these can contribute towards a post-wedding heartbreak. You need to be sure that you select a photographer that treats your special day as if it were their very own.
Choosing an Italian wedding photographer or a photographer for any destination wedding can be especially tricky if you factor in that there may be a language barrier. Many photographers in Italy are unable to speak fluent English, and with compromised communication how can you be certain that your requirements are understood and interpreted correctly? I highly advocate selecting one of the few photographers who can communicate in fluent English and as such can be trusted to capture some of the most important images of your life.
Here are some of my other top tips for selecting the right Italian wedding photographer.
- Start looking in plenty of time. You don’t want to feel rushed into making an impulsive decision, not do you want to miss out on your first choice of photographer because he is already booked.
- Do your research. Any good photographer will have an extensive portfolio that demonstrates the quality and style of their work. Shortlist those which have portfolios that contain photographs that fit with the style and approach that appeals to you.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions – as many as you like! Getting to know your photographer is essential and a great photographer will happily answer any questions that you may have. Any quality wedding photographer will also ask you questions about you and your vision for the day in order to provide exquisite images that reflect your essence and personalities both as individuals and as a couple.
- Discuss your specific requirements. Every wedding is unique and your photographer will need to know every single element of your day that you would like captured in order to ensure that your expectations are not only met, but exceeded. Many photographers offer timed packages – 4 hours/6 hours/8 hours, but these may not fit in with your requirements. If they don’t, ask for a bespoke package to be created that is tailored for your specific requirements and ensures that you have the coverage that you need, whether that is for one hour or twelve.
- If you plan on displaying your photographs in an album, on canvas or presented in any other way, arrange a time where you can see samples in person to inspect their quality. This way you can rest assured that however you choose to present your images they will be breathtaking.
- Pay attention to how a photographer behaves. You can gauge how professional a photographer is by how they respond. A great photographer should reply promptly, courteously and make you feel valued and important. As photographers, it is a real privilege to be able to capture some of the happiest moments in peoples’ lives. If your photographer doesn’t make you feel like that, then they may not be the right choice for you.
I am always honoured to be able to photograph a wedding and contribute towards making those precious memories that last a lifetime. If you would like to talk to me about photographing your Italian wedding, please contact me HERE